[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 to capture 50MHz

From: Faisal Khan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 to capture 50MHz
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:26:23 +1000

Hi,

I am using a RFX2400 card and wanted to use USRP2 to sample a BW of 50MHz, in ISM band. If I am correct, by default, USRP2 uses a total of 32 bits/sample (16 bit I and 16 bit Q). For looking at a BW of 50MHz, I would need 50MS/s which will be equal to 50MS/s x 32 bit/sample = 1600Mbps. This is beyond the limit of Gbit Ethernet. Is there a way I can use 8 bit samples, and use a decimation by 2 to capture 50MHz. If yes, what steps do I need to follow to achieve these two things. Just to mention it, I am using usrp_rx_cfile command.

p.s. Is there any other way for reading 50MHz and writing it to a file other than the one above?

Regards
Faisal

Meet local singles online. Browse profiles for FREE!