[Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamically reconfiguring a running flowgraph

From: Nick Foster
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamically reconfiguring a running flowgraph
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:21:45 +0000

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a flowgraph that receives multiple signals simultaneously. As the program has no a priori knowledge of how many signals will be present, and as that number will change during runtime as transmissions appear and disappear, I would like to dynamically add and remove demodulators from the flowgraph without disturbing the existing ones by stopping, reconfiguring, and restarting the flowgraph. Is there a way to accomplish this? The only way I've been able to figure is to keep a "pool" of demodulators running constantly, and assign them to signals as they are found. Surely there is a better way?

Thanks,
Nick