Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Accessing Parallel Port

From: Michael Berman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Accessing Parallel Port
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:24:10 -0700

Here is a simple open source project that gives control to parallel ports in python, and it is platform independent.

http://pyserial.sourceforge.net/pyparallel.html

I used its sister project pyserial in conjunction with GNURadio with great results.  The one problem is that there is no GRC block for any of these types of ports; you will need to manipulate the generated python code from GRC in order to utilize this utility (this would be the case for any method of accessing the LPT port unless you write a GRC block to do this).

-Michael Berman