Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Announcement - April 23rd 2010

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Announcement - April 23rd 2010
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:03:01 -0700

I would really like to use the USRP2 with my MacBook. My first test with the
driver yields the following result:

$ uhd_find_devices
-- UHD Device 0
name: USRP2
addr: 192.168.10.2

Error: No buffer space available

It seems that there is some problem in device::make, but I have no idea where
this error comes from. If this worked (or if it is no problem at all), what is
the easiest way to test things with the new driver (something like
usrp2_fft.py)?

Was there more verbose after that? It looks like it crashed or threw, trying to allocate a large buffer for the udp data socket.

I have not had a chance to test on macos/freebsd type platform. It seems that I need to rethink that buffer resizing code.

So, the culprit code is on line 130 host/lib/transport/udp_zero_copy_asio.cpp, just remove that chunk of code that re-sizes the buffer and see if that fixes things for you.

The equivalent of usrp_fft would be to install the gr-uhd and to connect a UHD source to a fft sink in GRC.

Thanks for testing it, this is the first report of something working with the hardware on the mac!
-Josh