Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Help required tunnel.py

From: Tuan Ta
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Help required tunnel.py
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 13:07:04 -0400

I finally found a setting that actually works. So the real problem I think lies in the bit rate. I had no communication whatsoever in low bit rate (~250k). I started to have unreliable comm. at 500k and at 1Mbps I got no packet drops for tunnel.py. However, even at 1Mbps I still got about 5% drops using benchmark_* (always at the end).

My theory is that lower bit rate corresponds to lower signal bandwidth. I think in some mixer/filter stage the frequency offset is too large thus push all of my useful bandwidth out of the passing band. With higher bandwidth, a large path of the useful bandwidth remains in spite of the frequency offset, thus the receiver was able to pick up some thing. Lower bandwidth works fine for Chuck so he might not have the frequency offset problem.

Let me know if anyone has a better explanation.

Tuan