[Discuss-gnuradio] May I use GUN Radio without USRP

From: 振 孔
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] May I use GUN Radio without USRP
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:07:44 +0800 (CST)

Hello,

I want to know may I use GNU radio without USRP.

I mean Since USRP is just used for transiver, ADC/DAC,  converting RF signal to baseband and transmitting baseband signal to GNU Radio for processing, then may I produce baseband workload by an Agilent baseband signal generator or even Matlab, and then connect GNU Radio with signal generator or Matlab?

The reason I am thinking about this is that from some analysis, I find the data rate of the USB2.0 bus limits the bandwidth of the base band signal to 8 MHz, which is not enough for my project. And My focus is just baseband signal processing, I want to save money on USRP if I can use existing equipments in the lab.

Thanks

Hanks