Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Make db_base::_refclk_divisor pure virtual?

From: Catalin Patulea
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Make db_base::_refclk_divisor pure virtual?
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 10:02:07 -0400

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 1:38 AM, Jason Abele <address@hidden> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I am not a good person to ask about this, my name
> appears on that line solely because I fixed a typo in the error
> message that had made tracking down a problem in my code more
> difficult.
Can I ask what the problem was?

> I would guess that either Eric or Johnathan have more insight into the
> design decisions on the USRP daughterboard api than I can offer.
Actually, I realized that the db_base::*refclk* functions are only
used by some of the daughterboards, so it makes sense to only define
_refclk_divisor for some dbs. The error messages might be more helpful
as something like "Daughterboard must define _reflck_divisor() to use
db_base::*refclk*()", though.