Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What do the USRP2 LED lights indicate?

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What do the USRP2 LED lights indicate?
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:59:57 -0700

On 07/12/2010 05:56 AM, Elvis Dowson wrote:
Hi,
         I just got my USRP2 + WBX module.

I must say, for a new user, documentation is lacking for the hardware.

I searched the web for some info on setting up the hardware, just in case, but
found none, so opened it up and installed the card. A single page getting
started guide would have been useful, and improve first impressions about the
product.

I have a few questions:

a. What does the USRP2 LED lights indicate?

E and F are the boot indicators for the hardware. The rest are unused.

b. What is the difference between the WBX TX/RX and the RX2 connection?

http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/dboards.html#wbx-series

c. If I wanted to test the system out quickly to receive FM broadcast signals,
to which connection on the WBX board should I connect the SMA cable to?

Either antenna for the UHD depending upon your selection.

For the gnuradio usrp2 driver, antenna TX/RX is always selected in a receive only application. RX2 is selected for receive in a full duplex application.

The Ettus website has absolutely no user documentation for the hardware, and it
is not readily apparent to a new user that you can find additional information
about the hardware on GNU Radio.

Much documentation is actually on gnuradio.org, here is a starting point

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/USRP2

_josh

Elvis Dowson