Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion and WxWidgets 2.9.0 on Mac OS

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion and WxWidgets 2.9.0 on Mac OS X 10.6.4
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 15:40:57 -0600

Hi Elvis - As I said, good luck with the 64-bit cocoa version. I'm choosing to wait until 2.9.0 comes out, but also concentrating my efforts on getting Qt working well enough that it can be used instead -- if you're running 10.5 or 10.6, you can get a 64-bit cocoa version pretty easily.

So, from what you wrote it looks like gr-wxgui is to be built, which is good. Now, you need to install "Python Cheetah templates >= 2.0.0", "Python lxml wrappers >= 1.3.6", and "Python gtk wrappers >= 2.10.0" in order to GRC to be built. If you're using MacPorts, those are pretty simple to install (though it might take a while depending on what else is already installed). If you're doing this install by hand, search (e.g., using Google) for those terms & I'm pretty sure you'll find them; they're not difficult to install by hand. - MLD