Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion and WxWidgets 2.9.0 on Mac OS

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion and WxWidgets 2.9.0 on Mac OS X 10.6.4
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:52:10 +0400

Hi,

On Jul 19, 2010, at 2:08 AM, Michael Dickens wrote:

> My bad: GRC uses GTK2 for the GUI, not wxPython -- right Josh?

Apparently a newer vesion of GTK supports Mac OS X's quartz backend, bypassing
X11, so that the applications will look like a Mac app, rather than an X11 app.

See the following link for some screenshots:

http://gtk-osx.sourceforge.net/

I'm going to try and install that, and see if it satisfies all GRC
dependencies.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gtk-osx/wiki/Build

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson