Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Free Signal Analysis Tool

From: Frank Brickle
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Free Signal Analysis Tool
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 00:24:48 -0400

You might get something useful out of ipython, scipy, and matplotlib.

Frank

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Isaac Gerg <address@hidden> wrote:
Does anyone know of a free software tool or package that allows one to do signal analysis.  Im looking for something that I can handle at least a million samples gracefully and have tools like a spectrogram (with configurable params like fft size, window, padding, etc) and a waveform viewer.  I have worked with companies in the past who have such tools but they are home grown (these tools are often written in matlab with a gui tacked on the front).

Any help would be appreciated.  If such a tool does not exist.  I am interested in possibly created an open source one which runs atop matlab.

Thanks!
Isaac