Re: [Openbts-discuss] [Discuss-gnuradio] Free Signal Analysis Tool

From: Isaac Gerg
Subject: Re: [Openbts-discuss] [Discuss-gnuradio] Free Signal Analysis Tool
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 15:58:52 -0400

No, Im not sure GnuRadio is what I need. Let me be a little more clear in my needs.  What I need is a tool to analyze time domain data (signals, if you will).  It could be RF, could be seismic, could be acoustic.  I just need a free tool that lets me load up time series data and do things like perform various FFTs, etc WITHOUT having to write any code.  Somethink  like SigView but free and/or open source.  Many companies who make RF rxs or geophones have such tools but they are developed in house and often use matlab with a gui front end (no coding!)  These tools are designed to let someone quickly look at a signal and determine coarse attributes from it like time up/down, bandwidth, spectral shape, etc.

Isaac