Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP problem ? used for Digital beacon receiver‏

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP problem ? used for Digital beacon receiver‏
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 04:12:36 -0700

Did you mean the tune frequency in the basic Rx same with the frequency that i
can set in the usrp source block ?

So if the same i set the frequency in the usrp source block(from my understand
is nco frequency ) equal 1.5Mhz

and the tones of the FFT sink seem like the product of the multiplication of
the input signal(1.5Mhz) and nco signal(1.5Mhz)

and showed only the input signal - nco signal ' s  frequency response and i
think it's correct.

Yes, if the tune frequency in the usrp source is 1.5 MHz, then the DDC will shift input by -1.5 MHz. Therefore, the tone from the signal generator should be at zero Hz (baseband). However, life is not perfect, and you will have a small offset which is the sinusoid you see in the scope sink.

and
  i have another question that is the signal that come from usrp source
that show in the scope sink show the I and Q signal but if i connect the
  usrp source with the FFT sink it's show the frequncy response only one
graph So i'm not sure what was the FFT sink show(I and Q , just I or Q
only , or I +Q )

The FFT is complex, and uses I and Q as complex numbers. Notice that the FFT plot is not symmetric.

The scope plots a real signal vs time, and therefore it uses I and Q as 2 real channels.

-josh