Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD support for USRP1

From: Eric Schneider
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD support for USRP1
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:38:16 -0600

Josh,

as far as I know, I was the last one to work on the "inband" firmware.
I used it extensively for a project I was working on and didn't have
problems with it, but more testing would be warranted before considering
for the default firmware.  (Which I would like to see)

As to the rationale for not making it the default firmware, I'm not
sure.  The only downside I can think of is a slight decrease in signal
bandwidth due to the packet header.

I was planning on doing some further revision to revamp the Tx / control
packet side logic (my work was a rewrite of the Rx side to ensure
accurate timestamps).  At that time there was talk about putting a VRT
stack on the USRP1, which I am skeptical about.  So I decided to just
wait.

If there is interest in further development, I guess git hub or the like
is the place to put further development?  (Or svn on cgran?)

--Eric S.