[Discuss-gnuradio] Suggested reading order

From: Jim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Suggested reading order
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 22:52:07 +0800

Hi,:

I'm a newbie to GNURadio/USRP, I have checked the suggested reading at http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/SuggestedReading, but there're a lot of material there, it would probably take a year to go through all sections even if I just read one book from each section. I wonder if every section is a must read or some can be skipped if I'm not going to modify the hardware? Also is there an order by which I should go through the different sections (for example Electronics first, then Radio and RF Design, then ...). I have strong background in software development, so Programming/C++/Python should be no problem, but I know very little about hardware/radio/communication/dsp.

Thanks

Jim