Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DQPSK bug or incorrect settings?

From: ikjtel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DQPSK bug or incorrect settings?
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 07:35:11 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 8/11/10, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:

> If you are using more than 2 samples
> per symbol,
> you are oversampling. That is, you are wasting your radio's
> time and
> power processing more samples than is required. The

That wasn't the point - the specific question concerned the required amount of
occupied spectral "bandwidth on the air", which isn't affected by SPS.

> I have no objections to having the Gardner loop in GNU
> Radio as a
> matter of course; I think it's good to have many different
> algorithms
> available. However, we have actually moved past the
> analog-based clock
> recovery schemes. If you look at the super-secret new
> D(B/Q)PSK
> receiver code, we have implemented the use of a polyphase
> filterbank
> clock recovery system (called gr_pfb_clock_recovery_cc or
> _ff) that
> works much better

Probably because I didn't spend sufficient time monkeying with that, it didn't
work for me, at least as compared to the Gardner.  Until I've eliminated the
newbi-ness factor w.r.t. that code, I can't give any authoritative complaints
about it yet....  :-\

Max