Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DQPSK bug or incorrect settings?

From: Bob McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DQPSK bug or incorrect settings?
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 08:46:55 -0400

In a word, NEVER. No self respecting communication systems designer would allow that much excess bandwidth on the air or any realistic transmission medium.

Typically 2-3 samples per baud is more than enough. You then use a polyphase filter bank based clock recovery tool to FIND the correct upsampled phase (at SAY, 6-10 samples per baud) but you never operate the demodulator at that much oversampling.

I think Tom has finished and checked in the PFB based clock recovery based on the work by fred harris last summer-ish. Am I right? If not, if I may be off assistance in finishing, I will.

Bob