Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DQPSK bug or incorrect settings?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DQPSK bug or incorrect settings?
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 10:32:57 -0400

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Bob McGwier <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think Tom has finished and checked in the PFB based clock recovery based
> on the work by fred harris last summer-ish. Am I right?  If not, if I may be
> off assistance in finishing, I will.
>
> Bob

Yes, the PFB clock recovery and the PFB resampler are both working and
in the code. The version '2' of the digital modulation examples
(benchmark_rx2.py, dbpsk2.py, etc) use both of these. In the receiver,
the PFB clock recovery algorithm is used to both find the clock and
downsample. In the transmitter, the PFB resampler is used in order to
allow any arbitrary bit rate to be used as opposed to the older
versions which used integer interpolation values to give discrete
symbol rate values.

We want to make these version 2 scripts the main modulator and
demodulator components but are waiting for a bit more robust testing.
>From what I've heard from people using them (and in my own
experience), they work much better than the old ones. However, I
haven't really heard from enough people to see what problems they are
experiencing, and I don't want to rock the boat too much if people are
comfortable using the old versions. When we replace the old versions,
I'd like it to be as robust and seamless a change as possible. I feel
like we're there, and so will probably be making the transition soon,
but please let me know your experience.

Tom