Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP spike

From: Vincent W
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP spike
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:49:29 -0400

On 08/17/2010 02:01 AM, Vincent W wrote:
> As evidence for the other kind of spikes, the ones that follow you around,
> please see the attached pictures, centered around frequencies of 1134 and
> 1135MHz. These are the spikes that follow the centre frequency around.
>
> The problem around 100MHz is very similar to what has been previously reported
> here:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2010-03/msg00412.html,
> but I'm not sure exactly what the correct resolution is.

To follow up, in the case of those spikes that seem to follow the center
frequency, the solution appears to be increasing the gain until they go away, or
else avoiding them entirely by setting it to the maximum value.

However, I still have problems with the spikes around multiples of 100MHz. As an
example, if I tune the WBX to 100MHz, everything appears fine, but if I tune to
100.25MHz, as shown in the attached picture, I see all sorts of spurious spikes
that do not go away - regardless of the gain setting.

Regards,

Vincent