Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Distorted playback of real-time audio on Linux

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Distorted playback of real-time audio on Linux
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 07:20:33 -0400

On Aug 19, 2010, at 1:31 AM, Elvis Dowson wrote:
The issue manifests itself on both a VM and with GR running natively on my hardware (late 2009 iMac 27" i7).

My US$0.02 worth: TTBOMK&M, on the Mac OS X side you can input and output about any sample rate & CoreAudio will handle the sample rate conversion for you to / from what the hardware requires / provides. If you have audio issues on the native side, those issues are probably not with the audio source or sink. That said, I've also never worked on an i7 & from my reading there are subtle differences in execution between it and the Core2 series. While I doubt the processor is the issue, you never know. Good luck with your continued debugging. - MLD