Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Distorted playback of real-time audio on Linux

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Distorted playback of real-time audio on Linux
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 21:59:20 +0400

Hi Eric,
               Before I dive into it, I just have a quick question.

Why is it that others are not encountering the same issue? The same example
code was run on a Mac Pro dual quad machine belonging to another member of this
forum, and he didn't face the issue of crackling and distorted audio with the
audio sink.

Anyway, I guess from a logical stand-point if the wave file sink writes to the
file correctly, then the data is coming in correctly, and its only the
real-time rendering of the audio using the alsa audio sink that's not working
correctly.

Still, I wonder what the difference could be, it working consistently for
others, but not for me.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson