Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Distorted playback of real-time audio on Linux

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Distorted playback of real-time audio on Linux
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 02:56:28 +0400

Hi,
          I was reading up on audio underruns, and basically its because the application isn't being able to generate enough data for the sound-card, i.e. GNU Radio generating data slower than the card is consuming the data.

Ubuntu Studio Upgrade from Ubuntu - Community Ubuntu Documentation

I upgraded the Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit with hard real-time extensions, to improve the latency. However, I still get audio under-runs.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson