Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sma adapters?

From: Mark J. Blair
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sma adapters?
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:25:28 -0700

On Aug 19, 2010, at 11:10 AM, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
> When I've had to do this, I've put an 'N' to SMA on the fat cable, and
> used a short piece of thin flexible cable with SMAs on it.

That's exactly what I did in my semi-permanent GPS-disciplined oscillator
installation. I also do the same thing when I connect my outdoor discone
antenna to my USRP. Both of them have thick feedlines (similar to RG8, LMR400,
etc.) terminated with male N connectors, and that's a lot of mass and leverage
to hang off a little SMA connector.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <address@hidden>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/