[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP and RFID

From: rfid
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP and RFID
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:38:15 +0200

Hello!

We are just working on a project aiming at investigating the use of the
Ettus USRP device concerning RFID sniffing. According to the manuals,
purchasing the LFTX and the RFTX devices should be suitable for being able
to talk to 125kHz and 13,56Mhz RFID devices. What kind of antennas do you
recommend for this purpose? Will simple loops of copper suffice?

Are there any tutorials or papers available which concentrate on using
Gnuradio in terms of RFID? I know that OpenPCD & Co might offer an easier
way to go, but as I want to learn about the stuff I decided to go the more
difficult way.

Thanks for your help any kind of comment,
Fabian Steiner