[Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio-3.3.0 on Ubuntu-10.04

From: Brook Lin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio-3.3.0 on Ubuntu-10.04
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:28:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I followed the instructions on
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/UbuntuInstall to install
gnuradio-3.3.0 onto Ubuntu-10.04 LTS. I used qwt-5.2.1, boost_1_37_0, and
all other packages from synaptic package manager. After ./configure
--with-boost=$BOOST_PREFIX, I got:

The following GNU Radio components have been successfully configured:

config
gruel
gnuradio-core
usrp
usrp2
gr-usrp
gr-usrp2
gr-msdd6000
gr-audio-alsa
gr-audio-oss
gr-atsc
gr-cvsd-vocoder
gr-gpio
gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
gr-noaa
gr-pager
gr-radar-mono
gr-radio-astronomy
gr-trellis
gr-video-sdl
gr-wxgui
gr-qtgui
gr-sounder
gr-utils
gnuradio-examples
grc
docs

You my now run the make command to build these components.

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

gcell
gr-gcell
gr-audio-jack
gr-audio-osx
gr-audio-portaudio
gr-audio-windows
gr-comedi

These components will not be built.
Configured GNU Radio release 3.3.0 for build.

Meanwhile, there is no error during the installation. And the USRP is
recognized by "ls -lR /dev/bus/usb | grep usrp", I got "crw-rw---- 1 root
usrp 189, 129 2010-08-25 13:12 002".

However, when I tried to run "./usrp_benchmark_usb.py", I got the error that
"ImportError: cannot import name usrp". I also found that there is nothing
under directory /usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages. How should I fix
this problem? Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks in advance,
Brook