Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP, GNURADIO, WINDOWS, APPLICATION HELP

From: William Cox
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP, GNURADIO, WINDOWS, APPLICATION HELP
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 11:50:50 -0400

Sam,

Coming from a Windows user, I have to say that switching to Ubuntu was 1) extremely easy and 2) greatly accelerated my understand and ability to use GNURadio/USRP - mainly because I could use the GRC, which is a Labview-like graphical interface to GNURadio and USRP.
I'd *highly* recommend giving it a shot first, at least to learn with, before trying Windows development.
That's my 0.02. YMMV.

Also check out the Simulink libraries - I think they're linked from Ettus.com

-William