Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on beagleboard?

From: Almohanad Fayez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on beagleboard?
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:57:37 -0400

If you're interested in taking the DSP approach on the Beagleboard my favorite guide to setting up and installing the proper environment is

http://ossie.wireless.vt.edu/trac/wiki/BeagleBoard

I've heard that the steps are a little outdated but if you stick with the toolset versions indicated on the webpage you should be fine.  I've managed to target the DSP from GNU Radio to do filtering mostly. I plan on making my code available but I've been too busy lately trying to meet some project deadlines so it might take me a while to do so.

But basically you can connect to the DSP from GNU Radio if tell the TI tools to generate libraries instead of excutable for your application and then you can follow the "How to write a Custom GNU Radio" tutorials to add them as custom blocks.

al fayez