[Discuss-gnuradio] RFX1800 transmit at GPS L1 problem

From: Robert Taylor
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX1800 transmit at GPS L1 problem
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:27:59 -0600

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up an RFX1800 in a USRP2 to transmit at the GPS L1 frequency (1.57542 GHz). I'm using GNU Radio Companion from a current copy of the UHD branch under Ubuntu 10.4.

It looks like I can set up a UHD Simple Source at L1 without any trouble, but when I try to do the same with a UHD Simple Sink I get back a warning that the hardware does not support a target of 1575.42 MHz and it is using an actual frequency of 1675.42 MHz. Does this possibly indicate a bug, or is it indeed impossible to set the TX frequency to L1 on an RFX1800?

(I know that over the air transmitting of GPS frequencies is a bad thing - the output of the USRP2 will be attenuated and cabled to a unit under test.)

Thanks for any help,

Bob Taylor
Navsys Corporation