Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Announcement - September 23rd 2010

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Announcement - September 23rd 2010
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 00:59:59 -0400

> Hello List,
>
> I have pushed a bunch of code to the uhd repo and gnuradio next branch.
> http://ettus-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki

> USRP1 multi-channel support has been completed. Multiple channels can
> be access through the new "single usrp" API which supersedes the
> "simple usrp" API. The equivalent gnuradio blocks(uhd single usrp
> source and sink), and grc wrappers have been created as well.
>
> http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/doxygen/html/classuhd_1_1usrp_1_1single__usrp.html
>

> The "simple usrp" interface is now deprecated but will continue to
> work. In the single channel case, all API calls are identical; to
> switch any code that was written for simple usrp, just change the
> include header and instantiation to the following:
>
> #include <uhd/usrp/single_usrp.hpp>
> single_usrp::sptr sdev = single_usrp::make(args);
>
> If you are running in GRC, just drag and drop the new blocks and swap
> the connections. :-)

> In other news,
> UHD can now compile against pre-built libusb1.0 windows binaries:
> http://www.libusb.org/wiki/windows_backend#LatestBinarySnapshots
> Runtime operation has yet to be confirmed.
>
> Thanks!
> -Josh

OK, so I just updated a two-weeks-old gnuradio and uhd via GIT, and
while UHD builds properly and installs correctly, gnuradio
  can't find "uhd" when it goes to do a configure, because pkg-config
can't find "uhd"--and therefore doesn't build "gr-uhd".
  This is a change from circa two weeks ago.

So, either Fedora 12 has done something to the default paths for
pkg-config, or the Gnu Radio build environment has changed slightly
  in the last two weeks.  The fix was for me to manually put
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig into PKG_CONFIG_PATH before running the Gnu Radio
  configure/make/sudo make install  cycle, but I haven't had to do that
previously.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator