Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with installation - grc does not start

From: Thorsten Laude
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with installation - grc does not start
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:00:57 +0200

2010/9/21 Josh Blum <address@hidden>:

> Create or edit ~/.gnuradio/config.conf and add the following lines:
>
> [grc]
> local_blocks_path=/path/to/my/blocks
>
> The local_blocks_path can contain multiple paths separated by colons:
> local_blocks_path=/path/to/blocks1:/path/to/blocks2

Thanks for your answer. I edited config.conf to:

[grc]
local_blocks_path=/home/gnuradio/gnuradio-uhd/gnuradio/grc/blocks:/home/gnuradio/gnuradio-uhd/gnuradio/gr-uhd/grc

Now I can start grc and see the uhd blocks. The next problem is, that
I can't execute any flow graphs out of grc, even if I run sudo grc I
get:

Executing: "/home/gnuradio/top_block.py"
[Errno 13] Permission denied

My workaround was to execute the flowgraph from shell which works as
long as I have no uhd blocks in my graph. With uhd blocks I get:

address@hidden:~$ ./top_block.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./top_block.py", line 10, in <module>
    from gnuradio import uhd
ImportError: cannot import name uhd

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thorsten