[Discuss-gnuradio] WBX transmitting on the TV b and?‏‏

From: Hok Lee
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] WBX transmitting on the TV b and?‏‏
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 20:45:03 -0400

As you may know, the FCC has finalized the ruling of the TV white space on Sep. 23
Quoted from:  http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/10/09/24/2124223/FCC-White-Space-Rules-Favor-Tech-Industry

"They dropped the requirement that devices sense TV and wireless microphone signals. Instead, they can geolocate and use an online database to learn which white spaces are available in their area. "

I checked some other related news. It seems FCC only requires the TV band devices to update the channel-availability database on a daily basis.  Does that mean we can use the USRP+WBX to transmit over the TV band, and manually check the availability of channels on an online data base, such as:

http://spectrumbridge.com/products-services/whitespaces/showmywhitespace/single-location-search.aspx

Hope someone can help answer this question.  Thanks for your time!

- Hok