Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio via MacPorts Updated

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio via MacPorts Updated
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 08:08:41 -0400

Hi Ed - Good stuff; I'm glad someone else is trying these ports out.  A few
thoughts:

(1) Can you send me, off list, the issues you're having getting ports installed
as i386 or universal or whatever (ports & log files as indicated by port)?
I'll see what I can do to fix them up.  For example, "real soon now" I'll be
checking in py2X-numpy that is truly +universal, and should allow a host of
other py2X ports to work correctly.  I can say that when you have native
x86_64, running as i386 is known to have issues with various ports -- but some
correctly handle the situation (e.g., qt4-mac will once I've updated it to
4.7.0 next week), but it all really depends on who's maintaining the port & how
busy s/he is.

(2) Regarding your actual issue:

On Oct 1, 2010, at 2:55 PM, Ed Criscuolo wrote:
> :info:configure checking for Python Cheetah templates >= 2.0.0... yes
> :info:configure checking for Python lxml wrappers >= 1.3.6... no
> :info:configure checking for Python gtk wrappers >= 2.10.0... no
> :info:configure configure: error: Component grc has errors; stopping.
>
> Checking my installed ports shows
>
>  py26-gtk @2.17.0_1 (active)
>  py26-wxpython @2.8.10.1_0+gtk (active)
>  wxWidgets-python @2.8.10.1_1+gtk (active)

The configure code for this is in config/grc_grc.m4:32-36.  You can check
manually via:

$ python
>>> import sys
>>> sys.version.split()[0] >= "2.5"
[works]

$ python
>>> import Cheetah
>>> Cheetah.Version >= "2.0.0"
[works]

$ python
>>> import lxml.etree
>>> lxml.etree.LXML_VERSION >= (1, 3, 6, 0)
[fails]

$ python
>>> import gtk
>>> gtk.pygtk_version >= (2, 10, 0)
[fails]

so from the configure script, the first 2 will work while the latter 2 will
not.  I'm guessing this has something to do with 32/64-bit issues, that the
"import foo" will fail, not the version checking.  Please try the above & let
me know what the actual errors are.  I'll then send you some other commands to
further check out your install -- I need to get my install working (again)
first, so that I can be of more help :)  I'm trying to get the +quartz variant
working, since there now  seems to be a fix for the Pango issue everyone has
encountered & that will allow for 64-bit GUIs; if I can't do that in a timely
manner, I'll settle for +gtk & 32-bit.  I'm also trying full +universal, just
to be complete.

Thanks again. - MLD