Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio via MacPorts Updated

From: Mark J. Blair
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio via MacPorts Updated
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 21:18:43 -0700

On Sep 7, 2010, at 7:28 AM, Michael Dickens wrote:
> I've updated the GNU Radio install via MacPorts to 3.3.0.

I'm sorry that I'm so terribly late trying this out, but I got distracted from
working with gnuradio stuff for a while. I finally got around to trying this
tonight, and it seems to be working for me so far. Hooray! I'll probably put my
efforts at perfecting a build from the git repository on hold for the time
being, since i was mostly doing that to get around issues I had with the older
MacPort version.

Some details:

* 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro w/ 4G RAM, running 10.6.4.

* All sorts of extra stuff installed under MacPorts previously to get the git
codebase to build, so I'm not a good test case for dependencies on a fresh
system.

* I uninstalled the git codebase with "sudo make uninstall" to get it out of
the way, then installed gnuradio from MacPorts.

* usrper, usrp_fft.py, usrp_wfm_rcv.py and gnuradio-companion appear to be
working correctly.

Thank you very much for updating the MacPorts release, and I'll speak up if I
find any problems or come up with any suggestion.

Gack, I have about 200 messages to clear out from my discuss-gnuradio inbox
now... :)

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <address@hidden>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/