[Discuss-gnuradio] Intel Atom Processor

From: Sharif Shaher
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Intel Atom Processor
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 14:46:36 -0400

 Hello,

We are thinking of using a 1.6GHz Intel Atom processor based PC with multiple gigabit Ethernet ports to collect data from multiple USPR2s and save that data off to disk. We are hoping to be able to use decimation rates as low as 4 for captures of shorts (16bit I and 16 bit Q). We will be doing nothing else on this PC, just capturing data. So it will host ubuntu and gnuradio. Does anyone have any idea if there is a throughput limit that we might be up against, say for 2 USRP2s, say 4 USRP2s.
Has anyone successfully run gnuradio on an Atom?

Thanks,
Sharif