Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Intel Atom Processor

From: Sharif Shaher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Intel Atom Processor
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 16:44:59 -0400

 Hi Marcus,

That would be great, and greatly appreciated, we are just not sure
is if there is a fighting chance or not...thus the question to the forum.

Thanks so much,
Sharif

On 10/8/2010 4:35 PM, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
On 10/08/2010 03:25 PM, Jeffrey Lambert wrote:
Running an FFT is a CPU intensive application, and not a bandwidth/IO
restricted application.  The comparison made here is likely not an
accurate representation of throughput if only data stream to disk is
the goal.

~Jeff

This is perfectly true.  It *might* work at full-bore for a single USRP2
with SSDs, but certainly
   not for more than one.

Perhaps I shall run a quick benchmark tonight on my D-510 system, which
has an SSD, and
   see what bandwidth it can sustain to disk before losing badly.  My gut
tells me that it won't
   be impressive.