Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] XCVR2450 simple questions

From: Jorge Miguel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] XCVR2450 simple questions
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:30:12 +0200

Hi,

Now it is clear enough that the XCVR2450 is not full duplex.
The question I asked in my first post in the case it is not full duplex is still unknown for me.

How long does it take to the board to switch from transmission mode to reception mode?

In the data sheet I can read a picture called "TX-RX turnaround frequency settling" but for me it is not very clear is the number I am looking for.

Furthermore it scares me a little bit because if it takes several microseconds to change state will mean that is going to affect very seriously the minimum range of my radar detection system. It can take even the whole range (if I do not use an amplifier and a good antenna).

Does anybody have any idea?

Many thanks for your answers,
Jorge