Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] demo of a live fft plot running remotely through

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] demo of a live fft plot running remotely through a ssh terminal
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:29:05 -0700

That's really cool. I could use something like that for a machine
with a USRP2 that I sometimes control remotely. How did you get the
FFT to display in ASCII text via an SSH terminal? Was it a
modification of "usrp2_fft.py"? Or is it something you wrote custom
for yourself?

I made a little c++ header with 2 functions:
 - a log-power-dft (in case you dont want to link fftw)
 - a function to turn dft bins into a printable string

http://pastebin.com/R6dS9xUj

There is an example in uhd that uses this to make a live dft plotter. The app also uses a little bit of curses for clearing the screen and getting the terminal dimensions.

See host/examples/rx_ascii_art_dft.cpp

-Josh