Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question GNU Radio swig Path

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question GNU Radio swig Path
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 07:58:59 -0400

Matt Dunstan wrote:

i have a question related to GNU Radio installation. I followed all steps
described in http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/1/MingwInstallMain, but when I want to install gnuradio 3.3.0 it says that it can't find swig. It finds python becasue it is decalred in Environment Variables under Path with the value of "C:\Python26". Swig is installed under C:\msys\1.0\local\swigwin-1.3.40, the
problem is that I don't know how I sould declare the swig path and where.

The step that says

export PATH="$PATH:/c/Python26:/usr/local/swigwin-1.3.40:/c/Progra~1/SDCC/bin"

should take care of this. Another option is to create a file called /usr/local/bin/swig with the commands:

#! /bin/sh
exec 'C:/msys/1.0/local/swigwin-1.3.40/swig.exe' "$@"

Make the file executable with "chmod +x /usr/local/bin/swig".

In any case, the command "which swig" should tell you whether swig can be found.

-- Don W.