Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Does anybody have sucessfully installed GNURadio

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Does anybody have sucessfully installed GNURadio on Windows
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 21:28:26 -0400

Matt Dunstan wrote:

OK, I really don't know what to do with that GNU Radio. I tried to install
it many times with CygWin and MinGW but no success, this is why I have this
question: does anybody have sucessfully installed GNU Radio on Windows OS

Yes, I have installed it on Windows many times using both Cygwin and MinGW, and run it on Windows routinely.

(on
the site of Ettus Research it's written: it works under Win 7, XP ...)? or maybe everybody is working under Linux and I shouldn't try to install GNU Radio on
Windows because I waste my time as I did in the last 3 month.

Have you followed the instructions at http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/CygwinInstallMain or http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/MingwInstallMain? Have you asked for help? It is true that both Cygwin and MinGW and the required third-party libraries can change over time and cause things to stop working, but if you report problems to this list someone will try to help.

Best regards,

-- Don W.