[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Amplifier

From: mrahaim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Amplifier
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:36:15 -0500

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a suggestion for an off the shelf low frequency amplifier to use with the USRP? I have a USRP2 with a LFTX board and I run the RF output to a Bias T attached to an LED driver (I'm using the system as a Visual Light Commmunication setup). I noticed that the Ettus FAQ suggests using a simple connectorized amplifier, but the minimum operating frequency for anything I've found is around 10MHz, and the max frequency my system can operate at is 5MHz (bandwidth limitations of the LED).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Michael Rahaim
Graduate Research Assistant
Smart Lighting Engineering Research Center
Boston University
address@hidden