Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC with two URSP2+DBSRX and UHD

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC with two URSP2+DBSRX and UHD
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 01:30:56 -0500

> I see. But this can't be the (only) reason for my errors. When I select
> "don't sync" I don't get the warning abou the time stamps but I end up
> again with

If you dont select the sync option, then you wont get the warning about
the time offset. I should have it preform the time check regardless.

> |OOUHD source block got error code 0x1
> gr_block_executor: source <gr_block uhd multi_usrp source (1)> produced
> no output.  We're marking it DONE.|
>

> Where does this come from? I tried to input 1 PPS signals into both
> USRP2s but that also does not solve the problem. Any ideas?

That error comes from the work function timing out. The work function
times out because one or more of the devices is not streaming. The
devices are probably not streaming because they were told to stream at a
time in the past. This is why the times must be set and synchronized.

>> When the MIMO cable support is completed, you will plug one device into
>> the ethernet (this will be the master). And the slave device will lock
>> its reference and sync its time over the MIMO cable. Both devices will
>> communicate to the host via ethernet.
>>
> Do you have any schedule for that development? Does this mean that the

Everything but the time sync part is implemented on a branch. So I hope
before the end of the year.

> data (physically) streams from the slave devices throught the master
> device before going out through a single ethernet cable?

yes

-Josh