[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Lo Frequency Change

From: Justin Bracken
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Lo Frequency Change
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 11:35:38 -0500

Hello All,

As always thanks for the help.

I was doing some timing measurements the other day and was wondering if this seemed reasonable to you all. I did a simple setup in GRC where I had a toggle switch that changed the frequency the usrp used as an LO. I input a constant of 1 into the USRP2 block and then hooked the usrp2 to a highspeed oscilliscope. I used the toggle switch to change the lo frequency back and forth and with the aid of a stopwatch I saw that the change took about 1.2 seconds to take affect. Is 1.2 seconds a reasonable or expected amount of time? Or is this more indicative of something else?

Thanks,
Justin