[Discuss-gnuradio] Overrun problem visualized on the screen but that doe

From: Lebowski80
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Overrun problem visualized on the screen but that does not affect the results
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 02:49:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,

I'm using a USRP platform with XCVR2450 Transceivers daugtherboard for
sensing experiments. I'm sweeping the WiFi band from 2.4 to 2.5 GHz knowing
which channels are used by the APs (i.e. Ch1, Ch6 and Ch11). I considered
the script usrp_spectrum_sense.py with a decimation factor equal to 8 to
obtain sweeps of 8 MHz at a time as recommended. The problem is that I see a
continuous overrun message on the screen (i.e. UoUoUoUoUoUo ... );
notwithstanding, when I plot the results by MATLAB I can perfectly
distinguish the energy level of the occupied WiFi channels. Therefore, I see
a overrun problem that apparently does not affect my results! Does it have
any sense? Can I trust the results I'm obtaining considering the visualized
overrun problem?

Thank you in advance!