[Discuss-gnuradio] uhd::device::send while linux disk cache is full

From: Gaetano Mendola
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd::device::send while linux disk cache is full
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 12:43:43 +0200

I have sent this to address@hidden but somehow it doesn't
work. Anyway here the email.

Hi all,
after a week of tests I can conclude that (streaming a big file for
example) if the server has the disk cache full then the uhd::device::send
method last longer than expected (see picture attached where it's
reported the send execution time), I have changed my application
so the kernel is not caching my streamed file anymore but I think
it would be better understanding why this is happening.

Has anyone experienced this on their own systems?

Regards

--
cpp-today.blogspot.com