[Discuss-gnuradio] SWIG related problem with new filter function

From: John Andrews
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] SWIG related problem with new filter function
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 07:36:49 -0500

Hi,
Based on gr_firdes.cc/gr_firdes.h/gfr_firdes.i I developed a similar class to generate filter taps for a Raised Cosine filter. The following is the SWIG interface file and the C++ header with .cc file containing the algorithm for the static function declared in the header. The compilation goes without errors but when I import in Python environment I do not see this function being imported. It seems like SWIG doesn't see the definition of the member functin 'raised_cosine'.

SWIG INTERFACE

%{
#include "dsss_firdes.h"
%}

GR_SWIG_BLOCK_MAGIC(dsss,firdes);
class dsss_firdes
{
public:
static std::vector<float> raised_cosine(double gain, double sampling_freq, double symbol_rate, double alpha, int ntaps);
};

C++ HEADER
class dsss_firdes {
public:
    static std::vector<float> raised_cosine (double gain, double sampling_freq, double symbol_rate,  double alpha,  int ntaps);
};

Thanks