Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MAC layer questions

From: Andre Puschmann
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MAC layer questions
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 11:32:03 +0200

On 07/06/2011 07:33 PM, Morgan Redfield wrote:
> I'm still working on my MAC, and there's a lot of room for
> improvement. At the moment, I get throughput of about 1kbps. What kind
> of throughput are you getting?

In a setup of two nodes we have a end-to-end throughput (measured using
iperf using TCP as transport protocol) of around 150-200 kbps. But that
certainly depends on physical layer parameters as well. At the moment we
use a sampling rate of 1Mbps and Bpsk modulation.
Parameters still need to be fine-tuned (SIFS, DIFS, etc.), so there is
definitely room for improvements. What PHY are you using?

Regards,
Andre