[Discuss-gnuradio] c++ probe block concurrency, locking necessary?

From: Johannes Schmitz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] c++ probe block concurrency, locking necessary?
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 14:45:45 +0200

Hey guys,
I am implementing a probe block that stores several values to a member
struct so they can be read from pyhton via accessor method
(get_probe_values() const {return probe_struct;}).
Now my question is: Is it necessary to use some kind of thread locking
mechanism to prevent gnuradio from changing one of the values until
the accessor method can return the whole struct to python?
I am affraid of getting probe values from different "cycles" that
don't belong together.
In other words is it possible that the work() method and
get_probe_values() will be called at the same time and I get some
concurrency problem?

Johannes