Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ICE1712 and ALSA sink

From: Alex DEKKER
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ICE1712 and ALSA sink
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 22:00:22 +0100

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 19:20:55 +0200, Volker Schroer wrote:

Here is an example that works for an Delta M44 card for input and output
This card uses the snd_ice1712 module.

Thanks for your help. I feel I must be getting closer; I specify SDR1000Play as the sink device, and I can now execute the simple flow graph I created! However, all I get is a click when I start the block, and a click when I end it. But it's coming out of the correct speakers, at least.

There's a simple example C++ NFM decoder with gr-fcd: https://github.com/csete/gr-fcd/blob/master/apps/fcd_nfm_rx.cc
If I change line 96 of fcd_nfm_rx.cc to:

    audio_sink::sptr sink = audio_make_sink(rate,"SDR1000Play");

recompile, re-run, I get

$ ./fcd_nfm_rx
gr_fir_ccf: using 3DNow!
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what(): audio_alsa_source(2): insufficient connected output ports (12 needed, 2 connected)
Aborted

Somehow it's not fooled by the .asoundrc, but I can substitute audio_make_sink(rate,"hw:2,0"); and decode NFM out of a USB sound card.

I can't get https://github.com/csete/gr-fcd/blob/master/apps/fcd_nfm_rx.grc to work with either a USB sound card, the M2496 or the M2496 with Volker's .asoundrc. The only output I get is

Executing: "/home/alex/downloads/radio/gr-fcd/apps/fcd_nfm_rx.py"

gr_fir_ccc: using 3DNow!Ext
len(audio_taps) = 635
gr_fir_fff: using 3DNow!
gr_fir_ccf: using 3DNow!

Done

I think I'm just going to give up on this PC and use the laptop with the FCD instead.

alexd