Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP transient peak from lock, unlock, set decim/

From: Johannes Schmitz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP transient peak from lock, unlock, set decim/freq
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:50:48 +0200

> Also, there's no reason to lock the flow-graph for frequency changes or gain
> changes (or a bunch of other parametric changes
>  within the flow-graph).  I've never had to use lock()/unlock()--I
> understand that they're used during flow-graph topology changes.
>  But parametric changes don't require lock()/unlock() at all.
Actually I am using lock and unlock for flowgraph reconfiguration
during runtime.

I found a way how to avoid transient problems. I will just reset my
filters some time after it occurs.

Now I found another similar problem. I saw this somewhere before but
forgot that it occurs:
When I stop my receiver and transmitter and then look at usrp_fft I
can still see a very strong and small peak at the carrier frequency.
How can I avoid/remove this?

Regards,
Johannes