Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] plotter_base.py problem

From: Miguel A. Vallejo, EA4EOZ
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] plotter_base.py problem
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:50:45 +0200

Marcus D. Leech wrote:

Just on a hunch, try:

export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1

Before you start any of the above applications.

Yes!, It works!

OpenGL has, in my opinion, become a festering sore of incompatibilities
and weird edge conditions.  It used to work reliably on just about
    anything, but not anymore.  Newer version of OpenGL require various
extensions in your display hardware, and will fail in weird ways
    if your display hardware doesn't have what it expects.  The above
environment variable is supposed to instruct OpenGL to use software-based
    rendering and ignore the hardware.  For the simple 2-D stuff we do in
Gnu Radio, Software-Based rendering is just fine.

Completely agree. Why use a monster like OpenGL to make simple 2D graphics?

Thnak you for your tip.